We cheaped out on air tickets so had to fly back to Vancouver to connect to our flight going back to HK (instead of flying directly back to HK from LA). The flight to Vancouver had upgrades available and I just got them without any hesitation, knowing that we needed to make oursevles as comfy as possible prior to the long layover in the Vancouver airport.
The plane going back to HK was 3 hours late due to a massive delay related to typhoon in HK. Six-hour layover with a baby just seemed like eternity (someone please slap me if I ever want to cheap out on air tickets again). Luckily, we got a new airplane so we had a bigger baby bassinet, more leg rooms and much better entertainment system (where you can rewind and pause the vidoe in case Joaquin deceds to interrupt!). Even though the flight going back was longer than the one coming to Vancouver, overall I thought Joaquin did much better. He snacks, he fusses, he poos and can't quite figure out what he wants where where he is. He still didn't like the bassinet so I had to hold him on my laps for a few naps. He fits perfectly with his head resting on my chest and his legs on my thighs. I didn't want to put him back to the bassinet because I know with his rate of growth, I won't be able to hold him like this much longer. I just wanted to enjoy having my son sleeping so soundly and peacefully in my arms.
After two outfits, 8 feedings, 10 diapers, and 24 hours, we were finally home.
No comments:
Post a Comment