Today is the second day of Joaquin's CIO sentence. We were quite encouraged today because after last night, he only woke up at 11.45pm to eat and then went back to sleep until 7am straight. He was so happy and energetic in the morning and didn't require a morning nap at all (he usually naps for at least one hour from 9 to 10 ). He then fell asleep on our way to lunch around 1pm and stayed asleep through our entire meal. He stayed happy all afternoon (with a power nap of 10 minutes around 6pm). After dinner, he played for a little bit and finally started to rub his eyes around 8.45pm.
I took him to his room, read him a story, sang him two songs, and then put him in the crib and kissed him good night. Of course, the howling started immediately I closed the door. I went back two times to pick him up and comfort him. As usual, I stayed in the room last round, listening to him cry with indiscriminate callings of "jia jia jia..." continuously (not sure if he thought it meant 'mami' and 'daddy'. Soon he started to cry with less power and longer pauses in between and finally fell asleep. Tonight it took us 25 minutes (a 15-minute improvement from last night). He fell asleep on his stomach with one leg out in between the rail and one arm out the other side. I quietly tucked him inside the blanket, wishing for a good night sleep just like last night...
I hope this won't have a permanent psychological effect on him (the point of this exercise is so that he fully undertands that there is no one coming to put him to sleep) and that he won't be wondering why Dadu and Mamu all of sudden decided to punish him and, lastly, there won't be a need for Day 4...
1 comment:
Hooray!! He looked so innocent in this picture! Good job joaquin! lets give mommy and daddy good night sleeps from now on...
Post a Comment