We finally broke the news to our family yesterday. Everyone is so excited about us expecting a new life in our family.
My dad is already committed to losing weight, quitting smoking (it's a forty-year-old habit), and doing more exercise! My mom is planning when she should come out to be our "cook" again. Jaime's family is equally excited, commenting on how fidgety little Chamu is. We read yesterday in the antenatal care book that actually babies move a lot early stage in the womb. Because now they are still quite small and there is a lot of room for them to "exercise". It's amazing that even though it has only been 8 weeks since conception, the embryo has already grown more than 30,000 times larger to form the fetus!
Our close friends are also very excited about this news! For some reason, perhaps it's the joys and excitements, I do not feel as nauseous today. But then it triggers my worry on Chamu. I started to wonder whether he is growing fine and, if yes, how come I don't feel as bad today? I guess I'm already thinking like a mother and from this moment on, I will only have endless worries (like our parents who never stop worrying for us) whether they are valid or not.
My last worry is somewhat related to Chamu but not quite: I wonder when and how I should break the news to my bosses. Perhaps I will take the advice of my girlfriends and just let my belly grow until the bosses can no longer ignore...*sigh* despite years of fighting for equal treatment at work, somethings will never be equal...
No comments:
Post a Comment