Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Changing Weather

Weather in Hong Kong recently is changing as fast as my hormone-driven temper. One minute it's sunny and clear and the next day it's cloudy and windy.
Last week we had a very humid and hot-summer like weekend so we decided to put away our comforter (thinking that summer is already here) but we woke up the next morning shivering in thin sheets.
Unfortunately I caught a cold because of the hastened decision. I have been coughing nonstop since. It's quite a terrible feeling when you are sick with no access to medicine and are trying to fight it off with your own very weak immune system. On top of the pains caused by the oversized belly, now each cough adds to pinching pain to each inch of my bones (ok maybe a bit exaggerating but you know what I mean). The more I cough, the more I worry about getting infection or pneumonia. And I can't imagine what kind of shock it must be for Chamu to hear each cough coming deep down from my lungs.
Today the weather is cold again (after 3 very beautiful sunny days) but I am sweating like a pig(actually I now bear great resemblance to a pig anyways so the description is literal and no longer metaphoric) ...
I should really stop complaining and rambling on and on because I think the more I complain the more tests I will be placed to face... I should just suck it up and accept this is natural. At least after this week I do not need to travel to Shenzhen anymore...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!!! no more work. finally you can get a break before the baby comes.

JoJomami said...

no no no, not quite yet. I don't have to travel to Shenzhen but I still need to work from our HK office. But not having to travel 3 hours a day is already a big relief... I will work until the day my water breaks...haha...

Last day at Fuhsing!