Saturday, June 14, 2008

25 Days Later

So thanks to the fact that Franchan is holding her wedding tomorrow, I'm ending my no-shower period today. It is the Chinese belief that women must observe confinement after birth for at least 30 days as their bodies become extremely weak and prone to catch cold or flu during this period. During the confinement period, there are certain food you eat and a lot of rules to follow, one of which is no shower for 30 days and I have done just that for the last 24 days.

Before you decide that I'm too stinky to be your friend, hear me out. I DID have a daily body dry shower (wiping only) with achohol and water and I washed my hair with dry shampoo (powder) so I didn't exactly stink that much. But in any event, being able to step into a hot shower is such a luxury after 25 days. I was also able to lift up my calves while standing in the shower for the first time in the last six months. These little things which you don't normally appreciate do matter a lot!

No comments:

Last day at Fuhsing!