Monday, September 8, 2008

First Trip without Chamu

Today I leave Joaquin to go to NYC for 4 days. What used to be an very easy trip is now very complicated. I want to continue breast feeding even after the trip so that means pumping for 4 days straight (and I really hate pumping). I pumped twice on the plane. I slept for 7 hours in between, probably the best sleep I have had for the last 6 months. But in my awake hours, I just can't stop missing Chamu.
We landed at 10pm and it was past 11pm when we got to the hotel when they told us that they have no room for us and needed us to move to another hotel. It's the fashion week in NYC! The hotel we got moved to is a boutique hotel right at the park so we feel hip as we walked in. But breast feeding mothers don't stay at hip hotels so I had to beg them to find some room in their freezer to store the breast milk.
My pump then went out of battery so I had to go to the drugstore to pick up some batteries. On the way out, some dude decided to pick me up even though I was still wearing glasses carrying the airplane scent. I hurried away when he asked if I had a boyfriend (my son is older than your brain dude!)
I still miss Chamu and Dadu dearly as I lie inside the bathtub, taking the first bath in the last 12 months... Can't wait to go back to them...

1 comment:

Chams in PTY said...

You will need a cooler to take that milk back to HK. Hope it makes it.

Last day at Fuhsing!