Saturday, May 3, 2008

Chamu @ 38 Weeks

Today we had another check up for Chamu. I am exactly 37 weeks and 6 days. Chamu gained another pound and is now estimated to be around 8 to 9 lbs (Doctor thinks he is more likely to be 8 lbs than 9 lbs). At any measure, he is a big baby. Cervix is still at 3.1 cm so no chance of him coming early. My doctor is actually going away from May 6 to 12 so I guess the earliest Chamu can be scheduled for delivery will be after May 12. Still somewhat debating on the topic of C-section but with such a big baby I guess the decision is quite clear.

It's getting very difficult for me to move around. I can't sleep on the bed anymore. For the last two nights, I had to sleep on the couch because it is softer than the mattress. Even so I can only sleep sitting half way up. I'm approaching 80 kgs (I don't even want to convert it to pounds because it's disgusting). My stretch marks are slowly crawling above my belly button. It is hard to imagine that I will have at least another 10 days to go but if Chamu wants to stay inside and grow to be a 10 pounder then we will just need to wait patiently for our plumpy fat baby... We are still missing a changing table, a car seat and the nursing chair but have made some good progress in finalizing the list (especially now we have 10 more days...).

No comments:

Last day at Fuhsing!